Monday, February 2, 2009

Aim: How do we use spreadsheets to create graphs?

February 2, 2009
Aim: How do we use spreadsheets to create graphs?

Today we learned how to create graphs in Microsoft Excel. To create the graph first I typed down the Activities in Column "A" and the Amount of $ in Column "B". Next, I selected the whole data. After That, I clicked in the little bar button. Next, a box came up, I select bar in the left side. Then, I clicked in the a little image that looked similar to this:
. After I clicked there my bar graph pop-up, I was finished!

THINK & DISCUSS!

The graph that best displays the Students Council budget is Bar graph because is best to compare the data. If you use another graph it would not work. It would not show the data the correct way.

No, a line graph will not be appropriate to display of the student council budget because you are not comparing anything over time.

No comments: